NALDIC is the UK subject association for English as an additional language (EAL). The association was founded in 1992 by a group of EAL teachers as a membership organisation for teachers and academics wanting to improve the learning and teaching of bilingual pupils in UK schools. Since those early days, NALDIC has grown in size and influence and became a registered charity in 2005. Today NALDIC is the national EAL association trusted by specialists, teachers and schools.
Our mission is to promote the effective teaching and learning of EAL and bilingual pupils in our schools. We do this by engaging with teachers, schools and other organisations to promote understanding, research and best practice in relation to EAL and bilingualism.
- publishes EAL books, papers and the influential NALDIC Quarterly
- provides EAL CPD opportunities for teachers, schools and local authorities.
- hosts EAL national and regional events and conferences
- links teachers and schools through EAL regional and special interest groups
- works in partnership with other organisations and government agencies
- is affiliated to TESOL and CFSA and links with other associations
Our registered offices are at the University of Reading
University of Reading
Tel: 0118 986 9040
Fax: 0118 931 1074
Our office is open Mondays and Tuesday 8.30 - 4.00 and Wednesday 8.30 - 12.00. Outside of these hours, leave a telephone message or email us and we will contact you as soon as possible.
NALDIC's offices are located in Building 46 on this map of the London Road Campus
Directions to the London Road Campus of the University of Reading by road and rail can be accessed here